Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, chicken a la king. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken a la King is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Chicken a la King is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Chicken à la King has an unclear origin, but some very clear requirements and this recipe meets them all, including: chicken (of course), creamy sauce, pimientos and cooked vegetables. It's a great way to use leftover chicken or turkey. Green pepper and red pimientos make this a pretty dish to serve at Christmas or anytime. Serve over cooked rice, toast, or noodles.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have chicken a la king using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken a la King:
- Make ready Marinade
- Take Lemon or Calamansi
- Take Salt
- Prepare Pepper
- Make ready All purpose flour
- Prepare Corn starch
- Prepare 1 egg
- Make ready Other ingredients
- Prepare Chicken fillet
- Prepare Bread crumbs
- Get Butter
- Get Diced carrots
- Get All purpose flour
- Take Water
- Get Evaporated milk
- Prepare All purpose cream
- Make ready Salt and oepper
Add the broth and milk; bring to a boil over medium heat. Since there are a few different origin stories surrounding Chicken a la King, there are different opinions on where it's from. Some claim the dish was first made in the United States, in either New York or Philadelphia. Others claim it originated across the pond in London, England.
Instructions to make Chicken a la King:
- Cut the breast fillet into thin slices and marinate with the marinade ingredients. Set aside for at least 30 mins.
- Heat pan with oil. Coat the marinated chicken with bread crumbs and fry.
- Combine half liter of water and 1 cup of flour. Mix until flour is dissolved.
- In a separate pan, melt butter in low heat. Add the diced carrots.
- Pour the dissolved flour in water into the pan. Add the evaporated milk, then the cream. Mix well.
- Let it simmer until sauce thickens.
- Pour the sauce into the cooked chicken fillet in a serving dish.
Some claim the dish was first made in the United States, in either New York or Philadelphia. Others claim it originated across the pond in London, England. How do you make chicken broth from scratch? Ladle cooking liquid into the mushrooms, whisking it in. Add pimentos and peas to the sauce.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food chicken a la king recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!